We are currently taking applications for November 2013 and beyond.
We offer an excellent programme for medical elective students. Our programme offers a 6-week minimum placement, allowing students to be involved first-hand in a setting very different than what they are used to. Places are limited - 2 students at any one time - in order to allow a more comprehensive and productive learning experience.
We offer a comprehensive package which includes arranging the following:
- Complementary airport pick-up
- Initial accommodation in Kathmandu as well as orientation to the area
- Transport to Tansen
- Accommodation on the hospital compound
- An orientation tour of Tansen
- Basic cultural awareness information
- Tailor-made medical placement complete with dedicated medical coordinator
- Final exit interview
Tansen Mission Hospital also arranges medical placements at Okhaldhunga Community Hospital, Okhaldhunga situated in the Eastern hills of Nepal. Please see below for more information.
Really useful background information on medical electives, and things to think about, can be found on the HealthServe website entitled 'Preparing for your Medical Elective'.
If you would like to learn more about a placement at either Tansen or Okhaldhunga Hospital, the application criteria, or read about the experiences of previous medical students see below: