If you would like to designate your donation specifically to one particular area, be it towards the purchase of a piece of equipment or other project please see our list of current needs below.
In the past some donors have prefered to buy an item themselves directly from the supplier and then have it sent to us. This is possible with some of the smaller items but please do contact us beforehand for details of suppliers and also as there are various custom-clearance documents that need to be arranged before we can receive the item. If you are thinking of donating in this way please get in touch with us first.
Dr Rachel Karrach
1. Medical Assistance Fund:
We continue to appreciate donations to our Medical Assistance (Pastoral Care) Fund – helping the poorest members of society to afford hospital care and pay their treatment bills. Click here for more details.
Looking to the future is crucial. The new postgraduate training fund will enable us to send junior Nepali doctors for further training, thus providing senior staffing for the hospital in the years to come.
3. Non-Medical Equipment Needs:
1. Generator - Nepal is suffering worsening levels of power cuts – up to 8 hours a day earlier this year. In order for the hospital to continue to function we have a generator to provide back-up power. However, this is getting older and also it looks likely that it will be forced to work even more overtime as power cut hours increase. It is highly likely that it will fail soon and need to be replaced. We hope to replace it with a more highly powered generator that can cope with the expanding needs of the hospital. Cost: US$ 72,000
2. The hospital bus does the job of bringing in medical supplies, collecting workshop materials as well as bringing in staff (Nepali & Expatriate) from Kathmandu. It is also often used for transporting heart patients for referral in Kathmandu. The bus has been a work horse for the hospital over the past 8 years but is now getting to the stage where it will need to be replaced. Cost: US$ 18,000
4. Medical Equipment Needs (as at April 2012):
1. Two x Desktop computers. Total Cost: US$ 1200
2. Uninterrupted Power Supply Unit – 1KVA. Cost: US$ 900
1. Image Intensifier; Cost: US$ 35000
2. Mobile x-ray machine: Cost; US$ 50000